Mini Mathur turns producer
Popular TV anchor Mini Mathur turns producer with Parvarish, a new talk show on wellness and parenting. She says she will also host the show and may invite Bollywood's yummy mummies like Sonali Bendre and Raveena Tandon on it.
"I am excited and feeling great to produce and host a show which deals with parenting. It is a new concept and it will be interesting to see celebrity parents sharing their experiences on the small screen," Mini, who is married to director Kabir Khan and has two children with him, told IANS on the phone from Mumbai.
"The show will feature two celebrity parents on each of its 13 episodes and they will share their parenting experiences with the audience."
To be sponsored by Johnson & Johnson, the show will be go on air on August 1 on Zee TV.
"We are in talks with Sussanne Roshan, Farah Khan, Twinkle and Rinki Khanna, Sonali Bendre, Raveena Tandon, Cyrus Brocha and Maria Goretti among others. We are hoping to get them on the show," said Mini.
The show is being produced by her husband's 12-year-old production house Camera Art and Mini says it will also feature two paediatricians.
Currently Mini is playing quizmaster on BIG Synergy's sports-based quiz show Sports Ka Superstar - Khel Quiz for DD National. Having hosted music reality show Indian Idol for three years, Mini says Sports Ka Superstar has been a very different experience.
"It is a challenging task for me as I have to do a lot of research work to be a quizmaster. I have never done anything like this in past and I think I am the first woman to do a sports-based quiz show," she said.
"The show has proven to be a roller coaster ride for me - talking in different tones and motivating contestants continuously was altogether a different experience, unlike in Indian Idol where even judges were involved. The show has made me a sports freak. I have started following soccer and cricket," said Mini who had also hosted adventure reality show Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao last year.
Now she has reduced her presence on TV to maintain "exclusivity".
"When I was hosting Indian Idol, I was flooded with offers to host every possible show on TV. I am still getting offers, but I want to maintain my exclusivity. Now I only want to be a part of shows which are different and unique so that I can show my versatility," she said.
Asked why she is not hosting Indian Idol, which is in its fifth season now, she said: "It was the channel's decision (not to take me). They wanted somebody else to host the show. And I am fine with it. I have given as much to the show as it has given me. I helped to shape it the way it is today."
Mini is not nurturing any big screen dreams. "I am happy being a TV personality and I'm not doing these shows to bag an opportunity on big screen. I have offers for movies, but nothing which is different or challenging. I don't want to play just a bubbly girl on screen which I am in real life. I would love to play a comedy or a negative role," she said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Sidharth Shukla showered praise on Badshah and rumoured girlfriend Shehnaaz Gill's new music video, Fly.