Mowgli and gang on TV
Most people have heard of the musical, The Jungle Book, but many may not have watched it.
The film, during the production of which iconic creator Walt Disney passed away, never made it to theatres in the country back then. In 2003, the sequel to the hit children’s film, was released in India.
And in 2006, the first film was only screened on television. Today, on the occasion of Republic Day, a restored and Hindi dubbed version of the 1967 original will premiere on TV for young audiences.
“There is a whole new generation of kids who have not had access to such titles. For the first time, they’ll get to watch it on television,” says Arnab Chaudhuri, director content and creative, Walt Disney TV International India.
The dubbed script for the restored and better-quality version, which will be aired at 11 am on Disney Channel, has been co-written by Javed Jaffrey. The actor-host has also lent his voice for Sher Khan’s character. Bollywood singer and popular voice over artist Sudesh Bhonsle has sung for Baloo.
Apart from the adventures of Mowgli and his friends panther Bagheera and orangutan King Louie the studio has a series of other classics that it plans on releasing in India over the next few months.
“We’ve got a whole line up, which includes Little Mermaid and 101 Dalmatians among others. We’ve just restored Snow White and Cinderella,” says Chaudhuri.
The studio picks classics and age-old animation films such as the aforementioned and makes them available to new generations.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.