Ranbir, Ranveer on ‘Playgirl’ centrefold and more: 10 Koffee with Karan moments
If Bollywood ever goes out looking for a successor to the iconic Amitabh Bachchan-Dharmendra pair, Ranveer Singh and Ranbeer Kapoor could walk away with the unanimous choice:
While one of them is a hyperactive, always-looking-for-mischief, endearing guy, the other is one of those silent but no less naughty persons. And when the two share an informal, candid chat with Bollywood’s most loved (if not controversial) host, you look forward to gossip, shocking revelations... and just fun.
While Ranveer was in his elements on Sunday’s episode of Koffee With Karan, Ranbir too let his guards down and made some surprising revelations. We pick some of the most fun-filled and surprising moments from the show:
Ranbir Vs Ranveer: Arjun gets to decide who is the better kisser!
Arjun Kapoor, the surprise element of the show, had his task cut out: He had to decide who was a better kisser between Ranveer and Ranbir. Every time the two guests admitted to having done a blasphemous thing in their life, they were supposed to kiss him. Guess who the winner was? Arjun declared that Ranbir was a better kisser than Ranveer.
Ranveer’s padded underwear in Befikre
Ranveer Singh revealed he was wearing a padded underwear in his forthcoming film Befikre. While the sequence is already the talk of the town, the actor offered an explanation to Karan. “Paris is a cold place and the AC was on. So I had to stuff my underwear. I am just saving them the post production work else they have to do VFX on my red chillies,” he said.
Ranbir and Ranveer on ‘Playgirl’ centrefold?
Ranbir declared that he would put Ranveer and himself on the centre-fold of Playgirl magazine.
Ranveer reveals he sleeps naked
Now this one was not really a surprise. While we expect such things from the star, it was fun watching him say onscreen that he sleeps naked.
Ranbir is officially “single”
Ranbir Kapoor clarified for once and all that he is “single and bored”.
The show’s beginning was as dramatic as one would have expected: We see Ranveer and Ranbir rampaging Karan’s changing room. While the filmmaker wondered where they were, the actors appeared holding the host’s shoes in their hands and a threat: “If you say anything out of line, I will launch this (the shoe) at you,” Singh told Karan Johar.
While Ranbir opened up about his flop films and dealing with failure, Ranveer didn’t hesitate to admit that the Tamasha star was his ‘barometer of good work’ when he entered Bollywood. On this, Ranbir replied: “It makes me happy that somebody is out there and is doing this level of work. And it’s unlimited. I’m scared that this guy has no limit. He can go anywhere.”
The two delivered a sizzling dance performance to Katrina Kaif’s song ‘Chikni Chameli’ where Ranveer performed better than her ex-boyfriend.
Karan’s casting dreams
When Ranbir talked about Ranveer’s wish to make a film titled ‘Project X’ and asked Karan if he would like to produce it, the host rolled his eyes and said, “Nobody wants to watch a two-hero film but you are doing one (pointing at Ranveer). However, I want to make a remake of ‘Sangam’ with Ranbir, Ranveer and Deepika.”
Koffee ‘Without’ Karan
On the duo’s non-stop banter, the host of the show said, “This is seeming to be like ‘Koffee Without Karan’“
(With ANI inputs)
That’s our pick of best moments, share your with us @htshowbiz
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.