Soon, India's first 3D animation soap
Me Home, helmed by Manas Group of Companies, Faridabad, the 12th contender in the Hindi General Entertainment space currently dominated by Colors, Star Plus and Zee TV, will be launched on October 8. However, commercial programming will commence only from October 18.
The channel based out of Delhi NCR, goes on air with 10 hours of programming, with dailies running four days a week. Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be reserved for ‘different’ content. Me Home flags off with 36 shows, including two reality shows and India’s first 3D animation daily fantasy soap.
The fiction line-up includes Vimal Kumar’s
, Smita Thackeray’s
, Dushyant Chauhan’s
and reality show
, Milind Soman’s
Ek Aur Love Story
, Abaan Deohans’
Ek Adhura Khwaab
, Maan Singh Deep’s
, Ashley Rebello’s
, Venus Records’
Hum Intezaar Karenge
Pal Do Pal Ka Saath
by other smaller producers.
CEO Peeyush Sapru says, “We have at least 16 episodes of most of our shows in the cans before the channel goes on air.”
He is particularly proud of the 3D daily soap,
Love, Masti, Magic
. “It’s one of our channel’s USPs because no other channel has a show like this.”
Reportedly, the channel was denied an up-linking license by the Information & Broadcasting Ministry, pushing the launch ahead by a few months. It’s learnt that it only sailed through because ex-Samajwadi leader Amar Singh and INLD’s leader Om Prakash Chautala have invested in it.
“I can prove that these rumours are false,” insists Sapru. “We don’t need any politician’s money to run our station. It’s true that we don’t have an up-linking license, but we’ve tied up with another company as content providers, which takes care of everything.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.
- Aditya Narayan tied the knot with longtime girlfriend Shweta Agarwal back in December. She took to Instagram and shared a never-before-seen photo from the wedding.