Bihar Election 2020: Result update for Simri Bakhtiarpur, Alauli, Hasanpur , Khagaria, Beldaur, Parbatta
Khagaria is among 40 parliamentary constituencies in Bihar. It comprises of the following six assembly segments which recently went to polls in the three-phase Bihar assembly elections 2020: Simri Bakhtiarpur, Alauli, Hasanpur, Khagaria, Beldaur and Parbatta.
71 seats went to polls in the first phase of polling on October 28, while 94 voted in phase 2 on November 3. 78 underwent polling in the third and final phase on November 7. Counting of votes will take place on November 10.
Bihar has 243 assembly constituencies.
In 2015, chief minister Nitish Kumar’s Janata Dal(United) and Lalu Prasad Yadav’s Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) had contested as members of the Mahagathbandhan, and won. However, in July 2017, the alliance collapsed, and Kumar allied with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to form government in the state.
This time, most exit polls have given an edge to the RJD-led Mahagathbandhan. An exit poll is based on responses of people who have cast their votes. Assuming that the voters have correctly revealed their choice, pollsters predict the results much before the actual counting of votes begins.
--Simri Bakhtiarpur assembly election 2020 result updates: RJD’s Yusuf Salahuddin (75,684 votes) defeats VIP’s Mukesh Sahani (73,925) from Simri Bakhtiarpur.
--Alauli assembly election 2020 result updates: Ramvriksh Sada of the RJD (47,183) defeats JD(U)’s Sadhna Devi (44,410) in the scheduled caste (SC)-reserved seat of Alauli.
--Hasanpur assembly election 2020 result updates: In what is a high-profile seat, Tej Pratap Yadav (80,991), son of RJD founder Lalu Prasad Yadav and elder brother of chief ministerial candidate Tejashwi Yadav defeats sitting JD(U) MLA Raj Kumar Ray (59,852) Hasanpur.
--Khagaria assembly election 2020 result updates: Congress’ Chhatrapati Yadav (46,980) defeats 3-term sitting MLA Poonam Devi Yadav of the JD(U) (43,980) from the Khagaria assembly seat, latest trends show.
--Beldaur assembly election 2020 result updates: JD(U)’s Panna Lal Singh Patel (56,541) defeats Dr Chandan Yadav (51,433) of the Congress in Beldaur assembly constituency.
--Parbatta assembly election 2020 result updates: JD(U)’s Dr Sanjeev Kumar (77,226) defeats Digambar Prasad Tiwary (76,275) of the RJD from Parbatta.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Nandigram movement was instrumental in the TMC’s rise to power in the eastern state as well as in the country’s recent political history.
- Stones pelted at BJP workers during rally attended by Union minister Debasree Chaudhuri, party's state chief Dilip Ghosh and Suvendu Adhikari in Kolkata, reports ANI
- Mamata Banerjee’s decision to contest the elections from Nandigram can also be seen as a counter to TMC rebel Suvendu Adhikari who joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in December last year.
- Bhupesh Baghel's meetings in Assam will be his first to review the Congress' poll preparedness for the assembly elections expected a few months later.
- This is Palaniswami’s first visit to Delhi after the AIADMK’s general council meeting earlier this month announced him as the chief ministerial candidate for the upcoming elections.
- There are also reports that some of the slighted leaders like Professor KV Thomas were planning to leave the party.