25 years of Shah Rukh Khan in Bollywood: Here are 25 of his most iconic dialogues
It was the year 1992, when Shah Rukh Khan, who was all of 27 back then, made his entry on the silver screen, riding a bike and singing Koi Na Koi Chaahiye Pyaar Karne Wala. His dimpled smile made everyone fall in love with him, and it has been 25 years since he has been ruling Bollywood.
The film, Deewana, directed by Raj Kanwar was Shah Rukh’s debut Hindi movie, in which he played the role of Raja Sahai. Originally, actor Armaan Kohli of Jaani Dushman fame was selected to play the lead role in the movie instead, but owing to some creative differences with the producer of the film, he was replaced by the then newcomer, Shah Rukh Khan. Although the film starred actors like Rishi Kapoor and Divya Bharti, SRK’s presence did not go unnoticed, and he was hailed as a promising debutant.
Today, as his film Deewana marks 25 years of SRK’s presence in the Hindi film industry, we take a look at 25 of his most iconic dialogues:
1. Buraai milne mein nahi hai..Buraai chhup-chhup kar milne mein hai- Baazigar (1993)
2. Sacchi mohabbat ko pehchaane ke liye aankhon ki nahi, dil ki zaroorat hoti hai- Darr(1993)
3. Main jo bhi kaam karta hoon, Apni sharton par hi karta hoon -Anjaam (1994)
4. Pyaar mein jab tak maut se na khelo, milne waali zindagi ka mazaa nahi aata- Karan Arjun(1995)
5. Agar yeh tujhe pyaar karti hai toh yeh palat ke dekhegi...palat...palat!- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge(1995)
6. Jo sach sunna chahte hain, woh apni jeb mein pistol aur dil mein nafrat lekar nahi aate.- Pardes (1997)
7. Rahul, naam toh suna hoga- Dil Toh Pagal hai(1997)
8. Beimaani ka dhandha bhi, main imaandaari se karta hoon- Duplicate (1998)
9. Sabse zyada pasand mujhe yeh doori hai. Kyun ki agar ye doori na ho, toh tumhare kareeb aane ka bahana na mile. -Dil Se... (1998)
10. Pyar dosti hai , agar woh meri sab se achchi dost nahi ban sakti, toh main usse kabhi pyaar kar hi nahi sakta ... kyun ki dosti bina toh pyar hota hi nahin ... simple, pyar dosti hai.- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai(1998)
11. Kabhi kabhi dil jodne ke liye dil todna padta hai ... aur dil todkar jodne waale ko ... pata nahi kya kehte hai- Baadshah (1999)
12. Yeh business waale kisike dost nahi hote ... yeh sirf paise ke dost hote hai- Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani(2000)
13. Duniya mein kitni hai nafratein ... phir bhi dilon mein hai chahatein ... mar bhi jaaye pyar waale ... mitt bhi jaaye yaar waale ... zinda rehti unki mohabbatein- Mohabbatein (2000)
14. Zindagi mein agar kuch banna ho, kuch haasil karna ho, kuch jeetna ho, toh hamesha dil ki suno, aur agar dil bhi koi jawab na de toh aankhen band karke apni maa-baap ka naam lo ... phir dekhna har manzil paar kar jaoge, har mushkil aasaan ho jayegi ... jeet tumhari hogi, sirf tumhari- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham(2001)
15. Kaun kambakht bardaasht karne ko peeta hai ... hum toh peete hai ki yahan par baith sake, tumhe dekh sake, tumhe bardaasht kar sake- Devdas (2002)
16. Aaj ... aaj ek hasi aur baant lo ... aaj ek dua aur maang lo ... aaj ek ansoon aur pee lo ... aaj ek zindagi aur jee lo ... aaj ek sapna aur dekh lo ... aaj ... kya pata, kal ho naa ho- Kal Ho Naa Ho(2003)
17. Zindagi nikalti jaati hai aur hum sab pyar ke bina jeena seekh lete hai ... kyun pyar ko mauka nahi dete, kyun apno par vishvas nahi karte- Main Hoon Na(2004)
18. Sarhad paar ek aisa shaksh hai ... joh aapke liye apni jaan bhi de dega- Veer Zara(2004)
19. Don ke dushman ki sabse badi galati yeh hai ... ki woh Don ka dushman hai- Don (2006)
20. Mujhe states ke naam na sunai dete hai na dikhai dete hai ... sirf ek mulk ka naam sunai deta hai I-N-D-I-A- Chak De! India(2007)
21. Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho ... to puri kainaat usse tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai- Om Shanti Om (2007)
22. Stardom ek cocktail hai ... fame, power, money ... bahut khatarnaak nasha hai- Luck By Chance(2009)
23. Ek tarfa pyar ki taqat hi kuch aur hoti hai ... auron ke rishton ki tarah yeh do logon mein nahi bat’ti ... sirf mera haq hai ispe- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016)
24. Tum agar khulke ro nahi sakogi ... toh khulkar has kaise sakogi- Dear Zindagi (2016)
25. Koi dhanda chota nahi hota aur dhande se bada koi dharam nahi hota- Raees (2017)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.