Aashram trailer: Bobby Deol plays a spiritual leader who veers between ‘aastha’ and ‘apraadh’ in Prakash Jha’s new series
The trailer of actor Bobby Deol’s debut digital series Aashram, was unveiled on Monday. The series has been directed by veteran filmmaker Prakash Jha and looks into the life of a spiritual leader and his cult.
The over 2-minute trailer traverses the life of what appears to be a self-styled guru, Baba Nirala of Kashipur, who later becomes controversial. There is footage of devout followers and baba giving his blessings to lakhs of his followers at congregations. He tells his followers: “Main aap sab ko moksh ki rah pe le ke jaaoonga (I will take you on the path of salvation).” Soon, it shows us how politicians begin to take interest in him and, possibly, his followers. However, the success story takes a sharp turn when reports of rape and murder start making it to the media. Soon god man will be seen as a con man. Police then begins its investigation.
Aashram marks Bobby’s digital debut. The series will premiere on August 28 on MX Player.
The 51-year-old actor in July had taken to social media to share the premiere date and first look teaser of the web series, directed by filmmaker Prakash Jha. “Here is the first look of #Aashram, I am looking forward to seeing it together with you all on August 28, 2020 only on @MXPlayer. @prakashjha27 @IamRoySanyal @AaditiPohankar @DarshanKumaar @AdhyayanSsuman,” Deol wrote on Twitter.
The series also features Chandan Roy Sanyal, Aaditi Pohankar, Darshan Kumaar, and Adhyayan Suman in pivotal roles. Deol is also awaiting the release of his Netflix film, Class of 83, produced by Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment.
(With PTI inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.