Aditya Roy Kapur: ‘People tend to discount acting skills of a handsome actor’
Actor Aditya Roy Kapur, who is widely acknowledged as a handsome young man, says at times one’s good looks can overshadow their acting skills. “I do not want to think about it too much, though in all the reviews I read (there is) at least one line about the way I look. People talk about my look but my appearance is not in my hands, right? If we look at the West, whether it is Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and some others mainstream actors -- they don’t get enough credit for their acting skills at times, but their screen presence and how handsome they are (are spoken about). People can discount their acting skills and put it down to their looks. When it comes to me, I have no control over it but surely I want to establish myself as a combination of both,” Aditya told IANS.
So, when was the last time he looked at the mirror and said, ‘wow! Aditya, you are hot!’? He laughs. “No, that does not happen. I mean I don’t do that -- who does that? I think before the shoot of Malang I saw myself in the mirror once, and felt that my body is looking ‘not bad’. That is it! I don’t know how to answer this question,” he blushes while responding.
Aditya’s upcoming film Malang is directed by Mohit Suri with whom he has collaborated Aashiqui 2. That film made him a star overnight in 2013.
Asked about how special was it for him to work with Mohit again, the actor said: “One of the reasons the shooting of this film was exciting for me is, I got a chance to try out some new adventure sports. We went to Mauritius four days prior to the shooting, so that we got to learn those sports -- at least the basics so that we looked right in the scenes. I learnt a little bit of kitesurfing during the shoot and I thinking I will learn it properly once I take a break. I think I like that sport,” shared the actor.
Malang also features Disha Patani, Anil Kapoor, Kunal Khemu among others, and is slated to release on February 7.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- TV host Rannvijay Singha took to Instagram to post a cute family picture with wife Prianka and daughter Kainaat to make the announcement.
- Saina Nehwal has praised the teaser of her biopic Saina, which features Parineeti Chopra as the noted badminton player.
- Kareena Kapoor took to Instagram to wish Saif Ali Khan's son Ibrahim Ali Khan as he turned 20. She shared a photo of him from a recent shoot.
- Mandira Bedi has put up her Madh Island house on Airbnb. The actor has reportedly been working tirelessly to refurbish the place before letting it out. See pictures here.
- Gauahar Khan's father died on Friday after being admitted in a hospital for several days. The agctor had been posting about him as she kept close to him in his last days.
- Anil Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor has shared several throwback pictures with Rhea Kapoor while wishing her on her birthday on Friday.
- Ananya Panday on Thursday shared a picture with her team mates from Liger as they all went for dinner together. See her picture here. Liger stars Ananya and Vijay Deverakonda in the lead.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram to wish her brother Ibrahim Ali Khan on his birthday on Friday. See his specially designed football-shaped cake.
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.