Akshay Kumar’s Rustom uniform is being auctioned for crores. You won’t believe the price
Akshay Kumar is indeed the master of the number game. After keeping his box office charm intact, the actor has achieved a milestone in online auction as well for used clothes or memorabilia.
Actually, Akshay is raising money for an NGO called Janice’s Trust that works for animal rescue, and for that he put up the naval uniform he wore in the film Rustom for online auction.
The bidding started at Rs 20,000, but soon gathered pace as bidders from many cities began taking interest in the product.
The super-stardom of Akshay Kumar also came handy because the auction saw a shoot-up in offered price after tweets by the 50-year-old actor and his wife, Twinkle Khanna.
At the time of the publishing of this report, the highest bid has already crossed the Rs 30 lakh mark.
Moneycontrol.com quoted Komal Hiranandani, founder of the site SaltScout.com as saying, “Interestingly most queries and highest bids came from smaller cities like Bharatpur and others.”
The bidding will close at 9:30 PM on May 26.
Rustom, which was loosely based on a true story, released on August 12, 2016, and went on to win the box office with a kitty of more than Rs 124 crore.
However, this isn’t the only item on offer. The site also offers Hrithik Roshan’s Krrish jacket and Anushka Sharma’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil kurta.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.