Ali Abbas Zafar shares stunning pic from wedding with Alicia, says she was one of the dancers with Disha Patani in Bharat song
Film director Ali Abbas Zafar took his colleagues and fans by surprise when he announced he had married Alicia in his hometown Dehradun earlier this week. Since then, he has been sharing pictures from wedding, his latest one being with his new bride.
Sharing it, he simply dropped a heart emoji. The picture showed Alicia, in wedding finery, seated on a couch with Ali standing next to her. Yash Raj Studio’s casting director Shanoo Sharma reacted to it and wrote: “Love it.” Katrina Kaif’s younger sister Isabella, who intents to make her Bollywood debut, wrote: “Stunning.” Actor Dino Morea wrote: “Uffff. Royalee”.
Little is known about Alicia. However, with every passing day, more and more details are emerging. In an interview with Times of India, Ali acknowledged that Alicia was part of the group of dancers with Disha Patani in a song from Bharat.
In an earlier interview with Mid Day, he had opened up about Alicia and how he had pursued her for two years. “She is from France, so the visas were initially posing a problem. As soon as she got the visa, we went to Dehradun and got married at home. It was always planned this way. She is a first-generation Iranian from France. I had gone there for work, and immediately fell in love with her. I pursued her for almost two years, convincing her that I am the man who will keep her happy. It has been a difficult task, but I am glad she finally agreed.”
Incidentally, he got to know her while making Tiger Zinda Hai (2017). On the question of whether Alicia was keen on pursuing acting, he said the appearance in Bharat song was “just for fun”. “She’s a French model and quite technically sound. She is fully equipped to take up direction.”
Ali and Alicia married on January 3, 2021 at home. He wants to throw a party for his industry friends but doesn’t see it happening before October owing to the pandemic.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.