Alia Bhatt on dancing with Madhuri Dixit in Kalank’s Ghar More Pardesiya: I was lucky it wasn’t a dance-off
Alia Bhatt impressed fans and friends from her own fraternity Monday when the makers of Kalank released the first song of the film, Ghar More Pardesiya. The song video shows Alia flaunting some classical moves, in front of Madhuri Dixit, and perfectly aces it. While everyone showered praise and love on the Raazi star, Alia has said she was intimidated by the idea of dancing with Madhuri and added that she was lucky it wasn’t a dance-off with the senior actor, who is known to be one of the finest dancers in the industry.
Alia said in an interview to Mid-Day, “I was lucky that it wasn’t a dance-off. Madhuri ma’am could sense my tension; she was constantly instructing me on how to conduct myself. She ensured I performed everything perfectly - from the expressions to the steps. The spins were the toughest part; the weight of the lehenga made it difficult to spin fast. I was worried about how I had fared, but once I finished the take, Remo sir [D’Souza, choreographer] gave me an okay. That was reassuring.”
A day before the song landed online, Alia teased fans with a snippet from the song and revealed that shooting for it gave her sleepless nights. “A song that gave me sleepless nights, days & months is coming very very soon.. I think you can safely say that I have never been SO nervous for anything in my life.. *screams frantically and hides under bed* You may have to send a search party to find me. Meanwhile watch this space for more..,” she wrote on her Instagram handle along with a picture from the song.
Watch the song here:
Further elaborating on her preparation for the song, Alia said, “While I trained in Indian classical dancing for nearly a year, I dedicated two months to this particular song. Pandit Birju Maharaj helped me crack the expressions. I consulted him a week before we shot the song.”
Directed by Abhishek Varman of 2 States fame, Kalank also stars Varun Dhawan, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sonakshi Sinha and Sanjay Dutt. It is produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions and is set to hit theatres on April 17. The film was originally conceptualised about 15 years ago by the late Yash Johar.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Watch little Inaaya Naumi Kemmu call a peacock for food and then get disappointed when it doesn't heed to her calls.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has said that she is willing to restart life with the actor after seeing his caring side for the last few days.
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.