Amitabh Bachchan posts throwback pictures, says ‘the age of innocence is over’. See here
Amitabh Bachchan is quite an ace at sharing throwback pictures. On Thursday, he shared yet another picture, a collage of four, with a wise observation.
Sharing a collage of his pictures from earlier years, Amitabh wrote: “The age of innocence is over .” Of the four images in the collage, one is from his very early days in Bollywood, possibly in the late 60s while the other three are just one picture, repeated thrice, and seem to be from the his heydays in the late ’70s.
The picture got many of his fans and industry colleagues talking; TV actor Rohit Bose Roy wrote “Woaaaaah!” with pink heart emojis while TV host and actor Maniesh Paul said “The look...the hair...the YOU” followed by fire emojis. Many fans wrote back; one user said “You look amazing” while another said “once a legend, always a legend”.
Some time back, Amitabh had posted another picture, from his very first photo shoot, for a magazine in 1969 and veteran film critic Bhawana Somaya had commented “So innocent, I like it”.
Through the coronavirus pandemic, Amitabh has been sharing inspiring and motivational sayings and words as the world struggles to stay safe.
Earlier, saluting care givers and first respondents, whom he referred to “social warriors”, he shared an image of Lord Ganesha made out of the words ‘Nurse’, ‘Doctor’, ‘Safai Karmchari’ and ‘Police’ on Twitter. He wrote, “The front line workers .. the doctors and nurses .. the Social Warriors .. Natmastak hoon mai”.
Amitabh is an active blogger too. Recently, the Bollywood veteran blogged about meeting boxing legend Muhammad Ali, recalling how bigwig filmmaker Prakash Mehra almost cast the two icons in a film.
He went down memory lane and wrote: “Its been a groggy night .. had been watching the Greatest Mohammad Ali in his numerous victories .. and Tyson .. and it just would not leave the attention .. became past 4 am .. and then suddenly thought of the meeting itself with the MAN.”
On the work front, Amitabh will next be seen in films like Chehre, Gulabo Sitabo, Brahmastra and Jhund.
(With IANS inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.
- Akshay Kumar shares a picture from the script-reading session of Ram Setu with Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushrratt Baruccha.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.