Amitabh Bachchan wants to delete the year 2020 and reinstall it, because ‘it has a virus’. See humorous new post
Actor Amitabh Bachchan is quarantined at home, like most of the country, amid the coronavirus lockdown. And he’s getting impatient with the year 2020. The actor took to social media to share a humorous take on the situation.
“Can we please delete the 2020 year and then reinstall it anew? This version is with virus!” he wrote alongside a picture of himself on Instagram. The post has been ‘liked’ over 100000 times. A similar post, without the picture, was shared by the actor on Twitter. His tweet has been ‘liked’ over 17000 times.
Amitabh has been spreading awareness about the outbreak, and precautions one can take to curb its spread, by appearing in public service announcement videos. He collaborated with numerous stars to talk about the virus, and how it can be tackled effectively.
Amitabh even wrote a blog post about it recently. In it, the actor wrote, “In times of uncertainty, in times of the unknown, in times of the lack of information and direction .. be safe , be in care and be strong .. and be in precaution. It has been quite remarkable to experience the care affection and concern from the entire human universe .. a coming together to battle, to fight, against a common enemy. Rarely has there been occasion when the humaneness of the human has displayed uniformity .. we may be in different colour, caste, creed, religion, belief, language or territory .. each one of us in its spontaneity has extended voluntarily that hand of hope succour and suggestive help to one and all .. the emotion , the intent is deliberate and with just one goal .. be safe .. be alive and live.”
On janta curfew day, Amitabh and his family, son Abhishek, daughter-in-law Aishwarya, daughter Shweta and wife Jaya all went to the roof of their house in Mumbai, and applauded the efforts of essential service providers.
The actor has several releases on the docket -- Gulabo Sitabo, Brahmastra, and Jhund.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.
Covid effect on pre-shoot rituals for actors? Sara Ali Khan, Taapsee Pannu, Anil Kapoor spill the beans
- Kartik Aaryan has recreated a Game of Thrones scene in Manali, originally featuring Kit Harrington as Jon Snow.