Arjun Kapoor dismisses wedding rumours with Malaika Arora: ‘We have to still discover each other in public space’
Actor Arjun Kapoor is currently on a birthday vacation in New York with girlfriend Malaika Arora and has said that they need to get comfortable as a couple in public space. The two made their relationship official on his birthday on June 26 and are rumoured to be planning to tie the knot soon.
Dismissing their wedding rumours, Arjun told Filmfare in an interview, “I am not getting married. Malaika and I have to still discover each other in public space and enjoy the comfort of being a couple. We need to ease. We need to take our mind off this pressure of getting married. Sometimes you just need to be in a relationship. You need to live it; you need to enjoy it for what it is, rather than what it should be according to people. We are at ease with each other.”
Malaika had wished Arjun on his birthday with a romantic picture of the two holding hands. She captioned it, “Happy bday my crazy,insanely funny n amazing @arjunkapoor ... love n happiness always.”
Since then, the two have been keeping their fans updated with their regular pictures from the US, most of them show them striking similar poses, twinning in same colour or simply going on lunch dates. Both Malaika and Arjun recently shared similar videos of themselves on their respective Instagram accounts. They can be seen jumping in the air to show their excitement while celebrating the US Independence Day in New York.
Arjun had shared the video along with two more pictures of himself with the caption, “It’s been a surreal holiday. Thank you New York till we meet again (& we shall)... #newyorklife #vacayvibes #streetart.” Malaika reacted to the post by saying, “I make u look good.”
They had also visited actor Rishi Kapoor, who has been undergoing treatment for cancer in the city since the last eight months. Neetu Kapoor shared their group picture on Instagram and wrote, “Fun evening with our very own Ghar ka bacha Arjun n the Lovly malaika.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.
- Janhvi Kapoor rang in her birthday on Saturday. On the occasion, the actor's sister Khushi took to Instagram and shared a video of a little Janhvi dancing in the house.