Chitrangada Singh does not like personal questions
She might be just nine films old, but actor Chitrangada Singh has surely made a strong foothold in Bollywood through a varied repertoire of roles.
Be it reports about her marriage with golfer Jyoti Randhawa falling apart, or even anything related to her five-year-old son Zorawar, actor Chitrangada Singh is in no mood to discuss anything personal.
While she portrayed an intense character in Sudhir Mishra’s film, Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2003), she was seen sizzling on screen in the 2011 hit, Desi Boyz.
But success has not made the 37-year-old complacent. “I want to do more variety of roles... I want to try every possible genre,” says Chirangada, who was in the Capital to launch the fitness campaign, Gear Up Buddies, for Jabong.com and Puma.Understandably, stardom comes with a slew of fan following too, and Singh is no exception. Ask her who is her biggest fan or who has given her the best compliment ever, and she ponders for a while, before getting emotional.
"My mum gave me a ‘loooong’ hug after watching my first film, Hazaaron Khwaishein... and she’s not a very expressive person, so it was like a big thing for me when she told me that she was really proud of me after seeing my performance," says Singh, who is currently looking forward to her mentor, Sudhir Mishra’s next, Pehle Aap Janab, earlier called Mehrunnisa.
The film will see Bollywood biggies including Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor working alongside Singh.
"You know it’s only natural for people to be curious about the life of stars... I mean they do have the right to know about us, but often what we say is portrayed in the wrong manner," says the 37-year-old Jodhpur-born actor, who made a critically-acclaimed debut with Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, a decade back.
“I remember once this mediaperson asked me some personal questions in an interview, and I answered them in a friendly manner. Later I saw that only some parts of it came out! So it’s like you say some stuff, then people just pick up a line from it and then twist it and give their own interpretation to it. So now, even if I want to answer a particular personal question, I don’t, because I don’t know how it will be played out later,” says Singh, admitting that ‘personal queries’ have almost become a ‘must-ask’ cliché question that she’s always flooded with.
“You can only share so much of your personal life with the world, not every minute detail!” she says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.