Dangal: Aamir Khan’s film has an impressive opening in US, Canada
Aamir Khan’s film is already on a winning path. The film has opened big in the US and Canada markets. It earned Rs 2.21 crore even before its formal release in India, where it’s getting rave reviews. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the film’s business figures in the key western markets.
Dangal, directed by Nitesh Tiwari, is inspired form the true events that took place in the life of former Haryana wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat. Aamir Khan has played Mahavir in the film.
Mahavir, who couldn’t make it big in the world of wrestling, wanted his son to do bring the elusive gold medal for India in the same sport, but he has a daughter. His dream found its way through his elder daughter Geeta, who made the country proud by winning the gold medal at 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
The film’s first day business figures in India are yet to come out, but it seems Khan has a winner on his hands.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.
- Sara Ali Khan is in Jaipur. While she hasn't mentioned the reason behind her visit, it appears that she is in the pink city for a wedding. Sara and Manish Malhotra shared many pictures from the venue.
- Yami Gautam had previously opened up about a prolonged neck injury that affected her routine life. The actor has now detailed in on a road accident that left her with the injury.
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.
- Akshay Kumar presented the first poster of Ahan Shetty's debut film, Tadap. Ahan is the son of actor Suniel Shetty. The film also stars Tara Sutaria. See the poster here.
- John Abraham posed for a slightly different picture on Tuesday. He was seen posing with nothing but a pillow as he waited for his clothes on film sets.