Farhan Akhtar and I don’t talk: Rock On director Abhishek Kapoor
Abhishek Kapoor accused Farhan’s production banner of giving writer Pubali Chaudhuri sole credit for the script.bollywood Updated: Jan 14, 2016 18:01 IST
Filmmaker Abhishek Kapoor who directed actor Farhan Akhtar’s debut film Rock On!! (2008) and got into a legal tussle with him last year says that the equation he shared with Farhan has changed since.
Abhishek shares, “Last year we fought this case, post which I have been given due credit for the script and that’s it. The chapter is done and dusted,” he says and adds, “It surely affected my relation with him (Farhan) because we have not really been in touch, but it doesn’t change the way I feel about him.”
Kapoor had moved the Bombay High Court to stall the making of the sequel to the 2008 film, claiming that he had been working on it since September 2011 and he had accused Farhan’s production banner of giving writer Pubali Chaudhuri sole credit for the script.
The court ruled in Kapoor’s favour and said that the credit for the script should be shared between Kapoor and Chaudhuri.
Farhan, too, in one of his recent interviews said that he’s “happy that it’s (the case) over” and the case make no difference to him. Abhishek adds to Farhan’s comments and says, “We made a very precious and special movie called Rock On and I have invested my heart and soul into that character he has played, so, at some level, we are connected neither he (Farhan), nor I, can run away from it. And we both love each other for it, I am sure.”
On a very philosophical note, he says, “Everything changes, nothing remains the same in life. Change is the only constant thing, everything is constantly changing and evolving.”
Ask him if he is looking forward to the Rock On sequel, Abhishek says, “Of course! I am definitely looking forward to it.”