Huma Qureshi backs Rhea Chakraborty, wants ‘murder conspiracy theorists’ in Sushant Singh Rajput case investigated
With the All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) panel ruling Sushant Singh Rajput’s death a suicide, Huma Qureshi feels that Rhea Chakraborty deserves an apology. Huma also lashed out at ‘people who started the ‘murder conspiracy theories’.
“Everyone owes #RheaChakraborty an apology .. And there must be an investigation into people who started these murder conspiracy theories .. Shame on you for destroying a girl and her family’s life for your agendas @Tweet2Rhea,” Huma wrote on Twitter.
Sushant was found dead in his Mumbai home on June 14. In July, his father KK Singh filed an FIR against Rhea in Patna, alleging abetment to suicide and misappropriation of funds, among other things.
Rhea is being investigated by three agencies - the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). She was arrested by the NCB last month for allegedly procuring drugs for Sushant.
After being remanded to judicial custody for nearly a month, Rhea was granted bail by the Bombay High Court on Wednesday. She was released from the Byculla jail on Wednesday evening.
Dr Sudhir Gupta, who was leading the AIIMS panel, told ANI that there was no evidence to suggest that Sushant’s death was a murder. “There were no injuries over the body other than hanging. There were no marks of struggle/scuffle in the body and clothes of the deceased,” he said.
Vikas Singh, the lawyer representing Sushant’s family, dismissed the AIIMS report and called the conduct of Dr Sudhir Gupta ‘unethical’. In a letter addressed to the CBI director, the senior advocate accused the doctor of ‘selectively (leaking)’ the report to a few media houses and ‘irresponsibly commenting’ that Sushant’s death was a suicide. “Clearly the said leak is aimed at creating doubts in the mind of people, bailing out agencies who have not done their job as per rules and standard protocols, benefitting the culprits and derailing the course of ongoing investigation,” he wrote.
If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist. Helplines: Aasra: 022 2754 6669; Sneha India Foundation: +914424640050 and Sanjivini: 011-24311918
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.