Kishore Kumar, Neelima and other stars who had multiple marriages
Bollywood actor Kabir Bedi, 70, who married his partner of many years, Parveen Dusanj, 41, on January 15, has been fourth time lucky. The actor tied the knot for the fourth time and has been earlier married to Odissi dancer Protima Bedi, TV presenter Nikki Bedi and Susane Humphreys.
Interestingly, Kabir Bedi isn’t the first Bollywood celeb to have tied the knot more than twice. Dating back to Kishore Kumar’s era, we list celebs who have had multiple weddings.
1. Kishore Kumar
Singer-actor Kishore Kumar married four times. His first marriage was in 1950 with Ruma Guha Thakurta. It was a blissful union until Kishore fell in love with Madhubala and married her in 1960. His second marriage ended nine years later with Madhubala’s death. Kishore Kumar then tied the knot with Yogeeta Bali but their wedding lasted only for two years. In 1980, Leena Chandavarkar became his fourth wife.
2. Neelima Azeem
Shahid Kapoor’s mom, Neelima, got married thrice. Pankaj Kapur is her first husband. They separated and she later tied the knot with actor Rajesh Khattar, with whom she has a son as well. However, this relationship too ended in 2001. Neelima finally found love in her childhood friend Ustaad Raza Ali Khan.
3. Vinod Mehra
Vinod Mehra’s first marriage with Meena Broca was an arranged one. The marriage did not last long as Vinod soon tied the knot with actor Bindiya Goswami while he was still married to Meena. The first wife left him and his marriage to Bindiya ended soon enough and she went on to marry director JP Dutta. He is also said to have married Rekha. In 1988, he married Kiran and the marriage lasted for two years as he died in 1990.
4. Sanjay Dutt
The film industry’s Khalnayak, Sanjay Dutt, had tied the knot twice before he got married to his current wife, Manyata, in 2008. His first wife Richa Sharma was suffering from brain tumor and died in 1996. In 1998, Sanjay tied the knot with Rhea Pillai, a model, whom he divorced in 2005.
5. Lucky Ali
Singer-musician Lucky Ali has had three wives - his first wife was Meaghan Jane McCleary and his second wife was Inaya. He got married for the third time in 2010 to a British model.
6. Siddharth Roy Kapur
Filmmaker-producer Siddharth Roy Kapur’s much-talked about marriage to Vidya Balan was his third. His first wife was a childhood friend, and he later married a television producer from whom he separated in 2011.
7. Vidhu Vinod Chopra
Film producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra first married film editor Renu Saluja, and later tied the knot with Shabnam Sukhdev, daughter of a short filmmaker. He later met his current wife, writer and film critic, Anupama Chopra.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Netflix India on Wednesday announced its slate of content for 2021, which includes the second season of Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, the new Abbas-Mustan film, new projects from Karan Johar, Mani Ratnam and others.
- Urmila Matondkar shared a throwback picture with husband Mohsin Akhtar Mir on their 5th wedding anniversary. She handpicked a special moment from the ceremony. See here.
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba Ali Khan recently posted old family pictures of the Kapoors and the Pataudis. See little Kareena and Saif here.
- Varun Dhawan shared a funny clip just before boarding an aircraft where he channeled his inner werewolf. Watch the video here.
- Twinkle Khanna has shared a glimpse of how things get difficult for her at home as schools continue to remain shut.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter, Navya Naveli Nanda, on Wednesday reacted to a question posed to a rape accused by a Supreme Court bench.
- Kajol wished sister Tanishaa Mukerji as she turns a year older. She also shared some never-seen-before throwback pictures.
- Shah Rukh Khan's child co-star from Kal Ho Naa Ho, Jhanak Shukla, spoke in a video about why and how she 'lost the track' in her acting career, and how she is 'not earning anything' right now.
- Janhvi Kapoor is back with her second dance number, titled Nadiyon Paar, from the film Roohi. It is a remixed version of hit Shamur song Let The Music Play.
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.