Kalki Koechlin and boyfriend Guy Hershberg welcome baby girl
Actor Kalki Koechlin and her Israeli classical pianist boyfriend Guy Hershberg have become the proud parents of a baby girl, according to an Instagram post by photographer Viral Bhayani. Kalki and Guy’s first child was born on Friday (February 7) night through the water birthing method.
Earlier on Kareena Kapoor Khan’s radio show, Kalki had revealed that her pregnancy was unplanned and she could not believe it at first. “I didn’t believe it. I went and got another test immediately. But I told my partner Guy and he was thrilled. I think I took a little while. I took like 2-3 days to just sort of take it in,” she said.
ALSO WATCH | ‘I was like a cow’: Kareena Kapoor shocked to see Kalki Koechlin’s tiny baby bump
Though the news of Kalki’s pregnancy came as a surprise to her and Guy, they were on the same page about having the baby. “It was unexpected. We were planning in maybe a year or two to have kids. Definitely, it was unexpected, but we both felt like we want to go with it,” she said.
Kalki, who has made it clear that she does not want to rush into marriage with Guy just because of the baby, said that their parents were not opposed to their decision to have a baby out of wedlock. “Thankfully, both our families are quite unconventional in terms of...they are not too traditional in the sense of having to be married and all of that. My mother is like, ‘Look, next time you marry, just make sure it’s for life.’ Because I have already been divorced once. So she wasn’t in a big hurry,” the actor, who was previously married to filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, said.
Last year, Kalki made her Tamil debut with a special song Kaalam in H Vinoth’s Nerkonda Paarvai, starring Ajith in the lead role. The film was a remake of the 2016 film Pink.
Kalki’s last major Bollywood release was Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, which also starred Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt and Siddhant Chaturvedi.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.
- Shabana Azmi shared a rare throwback picture from the golden era. While there are number of well-known faces in the picture, she mentioned how she failed to recall who the Soviets were in the picture.
- A video of Shraddha grooving to Stree song Kamariya during her birthday celebrations in Maldives has appeared online.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan attended the wedding of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh's granddaughter recently, and pictures of him having a good time have surfaced online.
- Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra were recently spotted taking a walk on a London street. The actor is in the UK for the shooting of spy series, Citadel.
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.