Kangana Ranaut welcomes ‘devi’ in form of sister-in-law on Diwali, shares pics from ‘andrera’ ritual. See pics
Actor Kangana Ranaut, who is currently enjoying festivities around several weddings in her family, has shared family pictures and a beautiful message for Diwali. Kangana’s brother Aksht recently got married to Ritu in Udaipur, post which the actor’s family welcomed the new bride at their residence.
Kangana tweeted the pics from the ‘andrera’ ceremony on Instagram and wrote, “Diwlai ke din Mahalaxmi ghar aati hai. Humare ghar bhi devi aa rahi hai. Aaj humari bhabhi pehli baar apne ghar aa rahi hai. Is rasm ko Andrera (grihpravesh) kehte hai. Sabko Deepawali ki shubhkaamnayein (Goddess Mahalaxmi comes to our homes on Deepawali. We are also welcoming Goddess in our home - my sister-in-law will come to her house for the first time today and the ritual is called andrera. A happy Deepawali to everyone).”
While Kangana is in a kurta-churidar, the bride is in a red salwar-kurta and can be seen wearing the traditional nosering.
After the wedding, the newly-wed couple went to a temple and paid respects to their “kuldevi”. Kangana shared pictures from the ritual as well. She wrote: “Today post wedding rituals, our family went to our Kuldevi Maa Ambika for Darshan.” One of the pictures shows Kangana and her family standing at the entrance of the deity’s chamber with folded hands. They are all dressed in festive clothes, with actor’s sister-in-law in a bright red sari. The actor herself looked resplendent in a black embroidered churidar kurta, with her dull mehendi green dupatta and maang tika stealing the show.
On the work front, Kangana was recently seen in Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari’s Panga and has an interesting line up of films including action movie Dhaakad and Tejas, and political biopic Thalaivi.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.
- Akshay Kumar shares a picture from the script-reading session of Ram Setu with Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushrratt Baruccha.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.