Kareena Kapoor confirms Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal’s engagement, he says they would have liked a live-in relationship
Kareena Kapoor Khan seems to have let the cat out of the bag about Varun Dhawan’s engagement, when she referred to Natasha Dalal as his ‘fiancée’. Varun, who was a guest on Kareena’s radio show What Women Want, also discussed marriage.
Varun and Natasha have known each other since they were in school and have been in a relationship for several years. Talking about getting married to her, he said, “See, marriage, coming into this time period when you have been with someone for so long... I felt like getting married after I saw my brother and my bhabhi. When I saw my niece Niara, I was like, ‘This is good.’”
ALSO WATCH | Kareena Kapoor’s unmissable pregnancy glow as she sips coffee amid hills
Varun also revealed that he and Natasha would have liked to be in a live-in relationship but his family wants to see them get married. “Natasha and her parents have been pretty chill in that sense but I think after a certain period, you decide that you want to live with each other. She and I wouldn’t have minded a live-in relationship but my parents wanted us... Because I have my own place now,” he said.
According to reports, Varun and Natasha were planning a destination wedding in Thailand this year but the Covid-19 pandemic forced them to cancel it.
Meanwhile, Varun is gearing up to make his digital debut with his father David Dhawan’s Coolie No 1, a reboot of the filmmaker’s 1995 hit of the same name. The film also stars Sara Ali Khan and will release on Amazon Prime Video this Christmas.
Talking about Coolie No 1, Varun had said in a statement, “I have always loved the screenplay and the performances in the original Coolie No. 1. That’s one of the reasons this adaptation of the classic is so special to me.”
“The preparation for this role was a great ride. As an actor, the humour play was a lot of fun to do. I had a wonderful experience working with Sara, who is extremely talented. We had an amazing time shooting for this film across exciting locations,” he had added.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.