Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 banned in Pakistan
The latest flick in sex comedy series by Ekta Kapoor, Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3, has been banned in Pakistan. The censor board of Pakistan decided that the Aftab Shivdasani-Tusshar Kapoor-starrer was unsuitable for public viewing.
The Central Board for Film Certification (CBFC) and its provincial censor boards both decided after a meeting yesterday that the film was unsuitable for public exhibition.
CBFC chief Mobashir Hasan said Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 was found to be an “out and out obscene film” with vulgar dialogues and nudity. “The film is full of nudity and has a lot of vulgar content in its dialogues. The board has officially disallowed the film from public viewing,” he said.
Hasan said the film couldn’t be allowed for public viewing even with an adult rating as it was over the top vulgar.
Interestingly, some cinemas had started screening the film since Friday but the general manager at a cinema said after just two days they got orders from their distributor to suspend the screening of the film which has reportedly grossed about Rs130 million in India in its first two days of release.
“We have issued a showcause notice to the distributor and he faces a hefty fine for importing this film and selling it to some exhibitors without first going through proper channels,” Hasan said.
Fakhre-Alam, chairperson of the Sindh Board of Film Certification (SBFC) said all the provincial censor boards, including Punjab and Sindh, found it unsuitable for public exhibition in cinemas.
Watch Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 trailer
Kya Kool Hain Hum 3 starring Tusshar and Aftab revolves around two boys, who end up joining the adult film industry, but have to pretend to be sober to win the heart of the girl’s family. It is directed by Umesh Ghadge.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.