Munnabhai 3 will surely happen once Sanju comes out: Arshad Warsi
Actor Arshad Warsi, who is remembered for playing the affable Circuit in the famous Munnabhai series, has confirmed that the third installment of the series will happen once actor Sanjay Dutt (who is currently on parole) will complete his jail term.
"Filmmaker Subhash (Kapoor) has an idea and he is currently working on a script right now. We are waiting for Sanju (Sanjay Dutt) to come out, and as soon as he does, we will start working on it," says the 45-year-old.
At the moment, Arshad is quite pepped up about the release of his two films — Mr Joe B Carvalho, in which he plays a detective, and Dedh Ishqiya, where he will be seen as the rustic Babban.
"Mr Joe B Carvalho is not a regular film. It is a clean and straight face funny film on the lines of Angoor. On the other hand, Dedh Ishqiya is in a completely different space, and the characters are more funny and complex. It is much better than its prequel, Ishqiya. However, Babban is exactly the same and there is no difference."
Moving on, though the entire film industry is talking about the Rs 100 crore and the Rs 200 crore club, Arshad feels that the whole thing is stupid.
"It’s great when the industry makes money, but I feel these figures are manipulated many times. I believe one should aim to do good films rather than focussing on figures. A film is remembered more for its content and quality than for these figures," says Arshad, who’ll be next seen in The Legend of Michael Mishra and Guddu Rengeela.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.