My son’s debut is my priority right now: Sunny Deol
Actor Sunny Deol is a busy man. He’s not just occupied with his work, but also with his son, Karan Deol’s Bollywood debut. “I’m excited for Karan’s debut and that’s what I am working on right now. It is my priority,” says Deol, who will produce his son’s launch vehicle.
Deol’s sons Karan and Rajvir have both expressed their desire to become actors and the proud father says he was not surprised when he got to know of their ambition.
“Obviously, it was not all sudden that Karan wanted to be an actor. Both our sons want to be actors. There is no harm in it and I believe whatever an individual wants to do, he should be encouraged in that direction. If it’s their dream then they should try it but not feel any fear,” says Sunny, whose directorial Ghayal Once Again released earlier this year.
Sunny Deol’s son Karan Deol will make his Bollywood debut in his father ’s home production
The 58-year-old actor made his Bollywood debut with the 1983 film Betaab and went on to give hits such as Darr(1993), ChaalBaaz (1989) , Ghayal(1990) and Gadar: Ek Prem Katha(2001). He accepts that his sons will have to face more competition in the film industry than he did.
“When we came in the industry, there were no teenagers but now it’s only teenagers who are encouraged to become actors. The competition is always going to be there but you can’t shy away from doing what you wish to do because of the fear,” he says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.