Pakistani actor Veena Malik ends marriage with Asad Khattak, gets a divorce
Pakistani actor Veena Malik has ended her three-year-old marriage with Asad Bashir Khan Khattak after a family court here granted them divorce.
The court in Lahore accepted Veena’s ‘khula’ (divorce) application and ruled in her favour after non-pursuance of the case by Khattak. As she had filed for divorce, she will to have return 25 per cent of the ‘haq mehr’ (dower money) to Khatak.
According to a court official, the 33-year-old actor had filed a plea seeking divorce in the Lahore family court in first week of this January as the couple had developed differences and could not live together.
The court had summoned Khattak but he neither appeared nor filed a reply.
On this, the court accepted Veena’s plea and issued a decree last month validating divorce between the couple, the official said. The couple kept the development under wraps.
They had got married in December 2013 in a court in Dubai and have two children.
According to some reports, Veena and Khattak had been living separately for the last three months. Veena reportedly wanted to join showbiz but Khattak had been insisting she look after their two children, Abram (2) and Amal (1).
Veena Malik is well known for her appearance on the Indian TV show Bigg Boss.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.