‘Path-Breaking Producer’ Anushka Sharma to get Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence award
Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma will soon be awarded with the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for her successful movies as a producer. The award will be given by an organisation called Dadasaheb Phalke Foundation, a Mumbai-based organisation, which is different from the Government of India instituted Dadasaheb Phalke Award, awarded during National Awards ceremony held annually in New Delhi. The prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award is India’s highest cinematic honour.
Anushka’s work has been widely appreciated for experimenting with new stories and ideas as a film producer. Their company Clean Slate Films, made with her brother Karnesh Sharma, began their production journey with the hugely successful NH10.
At the age of 25, when she was at the peak of her career as a superstar, she became the youngest producer ever with a commitment to quality and desire to make entertaining cinema that pushed the content envelope.
Given that three home productions of Clean Slate Films have won applause from critics and movie buffs as well as become success stories, the Dadasaheb Phalke Foundation has decided to honour her contribution.
According to a report in Huffington Post, the foundation has been awarding artists for the last couple of years. In 2016, some of the recipients of awards were Manoj Bajpayee and Madhur Bhandarkar. Huma Qureshi and Shah Rukh Khan have also been awarded in the past.
Meanwhile, Anushka along with her brother Karnesh have also empowered young talent by giving them big-ticket breaks in the industry as directors, musicians, composers, technicians, etc by backing and believing raw talent.
Their first three productions: NH 10, Phillauri and Pari showed their maturity in dabbling with three different genres - thriller, romance and horror with a distinct and differential content pitch for audiences.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.