Radhika Apte says monogamy has to be a choice not a compulsion, says ‘I believe in falling in love with many people’
Actor Radhika Apte says she loves too many people at the same time on various levels and in various ways. the actor opened up about her philosophy around love when she appeared on an episode of BFFs with Vogue - Season 3, aired on Colors Infinity.
According to a statement, when host Neha Dhupia asked Radhika about the ‘temptations’ on-sets, the actor said: “Of course you get tempted. You don’t have to be an actor to be tempted.
“In life, you meet so many people and there are so many wonderful people and you get tempted. Sometimes it’s a physical attraction, sometimes it’s just admiration and that can be very potent also and I think that’s beautiful. Why would you not address that aspect of your life?”
Radhika also shared how one’s thoughts change as they grow. “I believe in falling in love with many people. I love too many people at the time also on various levels and in various ways. Like how I could love dancing and acting, why can’t I love you and you in different ways? So I don’t punish myself or tell myself ‘Oh my God, what happened’,” she said.
Opening up on monogamy, she said: “Monogamy or being with one person has to be a choice made every day. It can’t be a compulsion. I need to make that choice every day, wake up and say this is the person I want to be with.” She said she is lucky to have a husband like Benedict Taylor.
ALSO WATCH | When Shah Rukh went down on one knee for Radhika Apte
In the show, the actor also revealed a rumour about her was not true. She said she was rumoured to be seeing Tusshar Kapoor which she claims wasn’t true.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor has said that while she doesn't go on conventional dates, she once had a scary experience while she was a student in Los Angeles.