Radhika Madan’s self-quarantine ends, gets hug and kiss from mom after ‘14 din ke vanvaas’
Radhika Madan, who travelled to Delhi from Mumbai as soon as domestic flight services resumed, was in self-quarantine for 14 days as a precautionary measure. She compared her two-week isolation, away from her family, to Lord Rama’s 14-year exile.
Sharing pictures of herself getting a squishy hug and a kiss from her mother, Neeru Madan, Radhika wrote in an Instagram post, “14 din ke vanvaas ke baad #selfquarantine ends. #maa.” Fans showered love on the post. “Awww! Soo Cutee. love both of you,” one wrote. “You’re so sweet,” another commented.
Last month, Radhika shared a picture of herself posing outside the Mumbai airport, with a mask, gloves and a face shield on. “Mai aa rahi hu Maa (I am coming, mother)... #homebound #travelsafe #airportlook,” she captioned the photo.
In an interview, Radhika said that air travel during the coronavirus pandemic was like ‘a scene out of an apocalyptic film’. She said, “They did temperature checks, and ensured there was zero physical contact — we had to show our IDs and boarding passes through a glass shield; there were glass barriers at baggage counters too. They boarded and de-boarded us sequentially, two rows at a time. I avoided using the washrooms. I was cautious, but not scared.”
Radhika made her foray into films with Vishal Bhardwaj’s Pataakha, which also starred Sanya Malhotra. Before that, she was a popular face on television and played the lead role in Colors TV’s popular show Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi. She also participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8.
Radhika was last seen on the big screen in Homi Adajania’s Angrezi Medium, which was Irrfan Khan’s last release before his untimely demise. The theatrical run of the film was cut short due to the coronavirus pandemic, following which it had an early digital release.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.