Raveena Tandon hints if Kangana Ranaut and Rhea Chakraborty are ‘pawns being used for dirty political vendettas’
Actor Raveena Tandon has expressed her anger at latest developments amid the ongoing investigations into the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput and asked if two women are being used as mere pawns for political vendetta. While Rhea Chakraborty was arrested on Tuesday afternoon for procurement of drugs in relation with the probe being conducted by Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), portions of Kangana Ranaut’s Mumbai office were demolished by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Wednesday morning.
Raveena tweeted Wednesday afternoon, “Crushing,Demolishing,Mayhem.Sad Sad.All thats happening.Two women,Two sides,are they being used as pawns to vent out dirty political vendettas?Murder, Nepotism, Suicide, Family, Grief, Mental Health, Mafia, Vendetta, Cops, Journalism, Politics, Drugs, Films .#JusticeForSSR shouldn’t be diluted.”
Kangana had called the partial demolition of her office an act of ‘fascism’ and the ‘death of democracy’, claiming that she was targeted for speaking against the Maharashtra government. Kangana warned Uddhav in a video message that his ‘pride will crumble’ soon and compared her situation to the Kashmiri Pandit exodus of 1990. “Uddhav Thackeray, did you think that you took revenge on me by colluding with the film mafia and demolishing my house? My house has been demolished today but your pride will crumble tomorrow. Time will change,” she said.
Kangana has been involved in a war of words with the ruling Maharashtra government after she likened Mumbai to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and criticised the Mumbai Police.
Rhea was arrested by the NCB in the drug angle linked to the death of Sushant. The arrest, made under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, came three days after her younger brother Showik Chakraborty’s arrest by the NCB. Her bail was rejected on Tuesday and she was brought to the Byculla jail on Wednesday morning.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.