Rhea Chakraborty should get a fair trial, highest regards for those who supported her: Rumi Jaffery
Director Rumi Jaffrey is optimistic that actor Rhea Chakraborty will soon return to the big screen after putting the bitterness of past year behind her. The family of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, whom Rhea was dating when he died by suicide in June, had filed an abetment of suicide case against her. She was also arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau on a drugs-related charge in a case linked to the actor’s death, before being released on bail.
Rumi, who was all set to begin work on a film with Sushant and Rhea in 2020, has now said that he is positive that Rhea will bounce back. “I am confident she will get through this phase. Everybody around will advise you to be brave, but only the one going through [the ordeal] knows how difficult it is. Time is the best healer; with time, she will be fine. She is a talented artiste and will be ready to bounce back,” he told Mid-Day.
Rumi, who recently met Rhea, also said he had high regard for people who supported Rhea in her time of trial. “People drew their own conclusions on the matter. Ideally, we should wait for the judiciary [to give its verdict]. Every coin has two sides, but Rhea should also get a fair trial. I have the highest regard for those who supported her then.”
Talking about their meeting, Rumi had said in an earlier interview, “She was withdrawn and quiet. Didn’t speak much. Can’t blame her after what she has gone through. Let the heat and dust settle down. I’m sure Rhea will have a lot to say,” he said.
Earlier, Rhea’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde urged the CBI to make their findings public, as ‘it is high time that there is a closure’ to Sushant’s death. “She was arrested in a bogus case with no evidence by NCB. She was harassed by various agencies and remained in custody for almost a month till the Bombay High Court released her on bail,” he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.