Sanjana Sanghi shares how she felt on Dil Bechara trailer release day without Sushant Singh Rajput
Sanjana Sanghi, who is making her full-fledged debut with Dil Bechara, opened up about the loss of her co-star Sushant Singh Rajput. She said that she was distraught with his death but ultimately numbed her feelings to ‘protect’ herself.
In an interview with Siddharth Kannan, Sanjana said, “I am quite young to go through a lot of the things that I have gone through with Dil Bechara and the final nail in the coffin was, of course, losing Sushant. It is just one of those things where you become numb. How much grief and shock… I mean, you can’t keep swinging between those pendulums. So to protect yourself, I think you just numb yourself out.”
The trailer of Dil Bechara smashed records to become the most-liked trailer on YouTube. Currently, it has more than 1 crore likes on the video-sharing platform. Sanjana said that she was filled with mixed emotions when the trailer released online. “Imagine, after working that hard on the film, I couldn’t even on the trailer day, just sit back for once and be like (pats herself on the back), ‘Well done.’ Because you just wish, ‘what if he was there.’ It’s all very muddled but what I do feel is truckloads of gratitude. If it weren’t for the people and how much love and support they are showing to the film, it would not be worth it at all,” she said.
Sanjana shared a tearful video after Sushant died by suicide on June 14. She reminisced about their memories on the sets of Dil Bechara and said she was not ‘equipped’ to process the tragedy. Later, she said in another post that the pain of losing him did not lessen with time.
“Whoever said time helps heal all wounds, was lying. Some feel like they’re being ripped open, again and again, and bleeding - Of moments that now will forever remain memories, Of laughs together that were but will never again be, Of questions that will remain unanswered, Of disbelief, that only keeps growing,” she wrote.
Dil Bechara, Sushant’s final film, will release on July 24. The film will be made available for free viewing on Disney+ Hotstar as a tribute.
If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist. Helplines: Aasra: 022 2754 6669; Sneha India Foundation: +914424640050 and Sanjivini: 011-24311918
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.