Sanjay Dutt to reprise Ballu Balram in Khalnayak Returns
After two decades, actor Sanjay Dutt will be returning as gangster Ballu Balram in Khalnayak Returns to be produced by veteran filmmaker Subhash Ghai.
Dutt had essayed the character of Ballu Balram in 1993 action-thriller Khalnayak co-starring Madhuri Dixit and Jackie Shroff. The movie, directed by Ghai, went on to become one of the biggest hits of that year.
Ghais Mukta Arts and Sanjay Dutt Productions have entered into an agreement to produce Khalnayak Returns by the end of this year.
“He (Sanjay Dutt) will play Ballu Balram who comes out of jail after 20 years. The script is at its final stage. Once its complete, we will announce the rest of cast and credits,” Ghai said.
The 71-year-old filmmaker said a new director will helm the film.
The Taal helmer has rubbished reports of Tiger Shroff being part of the project.
“We are still waiting to complete the script and will take a call for the rest of cast soon,” Ghai added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor has said that while she doesn't go on conventional dates, she once had a scary experience while she was a student in Los Angeles.