Shah Rukh Khan returns to India from Dubai with wife Gauri and friend Karan Johar as KKR drops out of IPL 2020, see pics
Actor Shah Rukh Khan is back in India after spending time in Dubai watching the Indian Premier League 2020 matches. He was regularly spotted at the matches of his team, Kolkata Knight Riders. The team finished fifth on the points-table with 14 points from seven matches. With low net run rate, they failed to make it to the top four in the tournament.
Pictures and videos of the actor arriving at Mumbai airport were all over the internet. The actor was seen wearing a pair of dark glasses; his long hair immediately discernable. There were pictures of him posing with fans at Dubai airport too. His wife Gauri was also spotted exiting the Mumbai airport. His kids - Aryan and younger son, AbRam - were later spotted in their car .
Filmmaker Karan Johar and fashion designer Manish Molhotra, who had also accompanied the star to Dubai, had also returned with the family.
Shah Rukh had celebrated his 55th birthday on November 2 in the desert nation. On the occasion, the owners of Burj Khalifa decided to honour the star by lighting up the building with scenes from his films. Thanking them, Shah Rukh had written: “It’s nice to see myself on the biggest and tallest screen in the world. My friend #MohamedAlabbar has me on the biggest screen even before my next film. Thanks & love u all @burjkhalifa & @emaardubai . Being my own guest in Dubai... my kids mighty impressed and me is loving it!”
His daughter Suhana and Karan too had shared pictures on the occasion. Sharing a family picture, Suhana had written on Instagram stories: “He won’t let me post this pic but I want to so I’m gonna do this :) @ aryan.”
On the work front, Shah Rukh had not signed any film after the debacle of Zero for a long time. He, however, has reportedly now signed up for a film with Deepika Padukone and John Abraham. Dubbed Pathan, it will be directed by Siddharth Anand.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.
Richa Chadha: Policymakers should be mindful; bring down ticket costs, so cinema doesn’t become a novelty
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister, Shweta Singh Kirti, has penned a note about not getting closure in the actor's death case.
- Netflix India on Wednesday announced its slate of content for 2021, which includes the second season of Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, the new Abbas-Mustan film, new projects from Karan Johar, Mani Ratnam and others.
- Urmila Matondkar shared a throwback picture with husband Mohsin Akhtar Mir on their 5th wedding anniversary. She handpicked a special moment from the ceremony. See here.
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba Ali Khan recently posted old family pictures of the Kapoors and the Pataudis. See little Kareena and Saif here.
- Varun Dhawan shared a funny clip just before boarding an aircraft where he channeled his inner werewolf. Watch the video here.
- Twinkle Khanna has shared a glimpse of how things get difficult for her at home as schools continue to remain shut.