Shilpa Shirodkar is in lockdown in Dubai, says she is making her staff emotionally and financially confident
She is quarantining miles away in Dubai with daughter and husband but Shilpa Shirodkar is missing being with her sister, Namrata and being in India. While talking about it, she sounds emotional and shares how she is going to take the first flight to Hyderabad to meet her sister when things are better.
Meanwhile, talking about the situation in Dubai, she says, “We’ve been indoors for a few weeks now. My daughter is being home-schooled, my husband is also working from home. This Covid-19 crisis has taught me one thing, irrespective of sex, religion or what your bank balance is, we’re all in it together and only we can stop this from spreading.”
Apart from taking care of herself and family, Shirodkar is lending out support to those in need. “I had a staff, who worked for us when we were in Mumbai, we’ve been helping them individually… Also we’ve staff working for us here as well and they’re well looked after. I’ve stocked up vitamins for all of us. At this point, all we can do is to make them emotionally and financially confident and that is what we’re doing as a family,” she says.
Meanwhile, the 46-year-old has been trying to spread awareness through social media. She has recently shared a video of her niece Sitara (actors Namrata and Mahesh Babu’s daughter) talking about the do’s and don’ts around coronavirus.
“It’s important to use social platforms to the benefit everyone. Sitara is all of seven and she is very aware of what is going on, and I think we all should be aware and not ignorant of our current situation. Also, explain the situation properly to our kids,” she adds.
Shirodkar, too, agrees that the one positive thing amid the crisis is the time one is getting to spend with the family. “Namrata and I are doing so many video calls. Honestly, Namrata is so busy otherwise, it is only now she has the time to chat ,so that’s a good thing,” she says.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.
- Akshay Kumar shares a picture from the script-reading session of Ram Setu with Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushrratt Baruccha.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.