Are Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety makers eyeing a China release?
The film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (SKTKS) has left everyone stunned with it’s performance at the box-office. The story based on bromance versus romance almost catapulted the entire cast to a new height in stardom.
After completing 50 days of a successful run recently, and garnering collections of more than ₹110 crores, we hear, the film is going to be released in China as well. A source tells us that with Hindi films, including Hindi Medium (2017) and Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), finding much acceptance there [in another country], the makers of SKTKS have been toying with the idea.
When contacted, producer Bhushan Kumar, confirmed, “Yes, for Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety, we have been getting demand from China. It will be dubbed and subtitled, because that’s the concept there., before revealing an interesting detail: “We are also looking at some of our films in which China has shown an interest to remake. So, we will make an announcement, once that’s finalised.”
Director Luv Ranjan tells us, “China is a very complicated market, and it takes a lot of time to release a film there. My film just released in India. We have been trying to release it there [China], because who wouldn’t want to? It’s a big market.”
Interact with the author on Twitter/ @RishabhSuri02
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.