Star Screen Awards: Deepika Padukone, Ananya Panday add glam as Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh win top awards. Read complete winners list
Actors Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt, who shared screen space in the critically-acclaimed Gully Boy, were the stars of the evening at the Star Screen Awards held in Mumbai on Sunday. While the film won the Best Film (Popular) award, the actors won Best Actor in the male and female categories, respectively, besides setting the red carpet on fire.
Alia kept it traditional in a multicoloured sari with her hair neatly tied in a bun. Gully Boy director Zoya Akhtar also took home the Best Director (Popular) award and was spotted on the red carpet in black. Ranveer and his actor wife Deepika Padukone were twinning in black at the event. While Ranveer wore a black turtle neck with matching trousers and a blazer, Deepika joined him in a one-shoulder black gown.
Ranveer was his usual energetic self and was seen grooving with his Simmba co-star Sara Ali Khan on the red carpet. Sara wore a short silver dress with a dramatic cape and took home the trophy for the Most Promising Actor (Female) for her debut film, Kedarnath.
Ayushmann Khurrana’s Article 15 emerged as the other big winner as it won the Best Film Critics Choice award and got the actor a Best Actor Critics Choice (Male) award. Director Anubhav Sinha won the Best Director Critics Choice award for the film which also bagged an award for the Best Story.
Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar were declared joint winners of the Best Actor Critics Choice (Female) award. The two recently played ‘Shooter Dadis’ in the film, Saand Ki Aankh. While Bhumi sizzled in a golden gown with a small train, Taapsee kept it simple in a white dress. Yami Gautam arrived in a shimmery gown and collected her award for the Best Actor In Comic Role (Female).
A lot of Bollywood celebrities strutted down the red carpet in their designer best. Kriti Sanon, who recently appeared in period drama Panipat, arrived in a white and beige gown. Kartik Aaryan was also spotted at the event in a black suit with a bow-tie. Their film Luka Chhupi won the Baat Nayi Award.
Here are the other winners:
Best Supporting Actor (Male) - Gulshan Devaiah – Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota
Best Supporting Actor (Female) - Kamini Kaushal – Kabir Singh
Most Promising Actor (Male) - Siddhant Chaturvedi – Gully Boy
Most Promising Debut Director -Aditya Dhar – Uri: The Surgical Strike
Best Playback Singer (Male) - Sachet Tandon – Bekhyali (Kabir Singh)
Best Playback Singer (Male) - Shreya Ghoshal – Kalank
Best Music - Kabir Singh and Gully Boy
Best Lyrics - Apna Time Aayega – Gully Boy
Best Dialogues - Gully Boy
Best Action - War
Best Editing - War
Best Cinematography - Gully Boy
Best Choreography - War – Ghungharoo
Best Production Design - Gully Boy
Lifetime Achievement Award - Prem Chopra
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.