Who killed the father? Manoj Bajpayee talks about Rukh
Manoj Bajpayee’s Rukh will try to counter the Golmaal Again wave at the box office as it is releasing on Friday, October 27.
Bajpayee, one of the most acclaimed Hindi film actors, talks to us about the complicated theme of the film. He is playing father to an 18-year-old boy in Rukh. He says, “It’s a complicated character written to compliment a layered screenplay. A son wants to find the reasons behind his father’s death. This quest leads to a very complicated chemistry between the son and the mother, son and his friends.”
He adds, “At the same time, it’s also a thriller where the viewers will keep guessing the reason behind the father’s death. In today’s society, it’s increasingly difficult for the middle class to maintain their relationships.”
Rukh is directed by the debutant Atanu Mukherjee. Bajpayee is all praise for Mukherjee. He says, “The director has been an editor and writer in the past. He is trained at SRFTII. Atanu has treated his film like a novel. He is a brave storyteller. It’s intriguing but the focus will be on relationships. All the characters are fighting their own battles.”
Manoj Bajpayee is among one of the busiest actors in Bollywood. Rukh will be his 7th feature film since 2016. He talks about the balance between commercial and alternate cinema. He says, “I am very clear about the commercial roles. I do such films only when I have a good role and I have a good relationship with the makers. In fact, I give more value to relationship. I have amazing relationship with Ahmed Khan, the director of Baaghi 2 and Mukesh Chhabra, the casting director. I accepted Baaghi 2 because of them.”
“I have just finished Aiyyari. Neeraj Pandey is not only a good friend but a fantastic director as well. This will be my fifth film under his production,” says Bajpayee.
Interact with Rohit Vats at twitter/@nawabjha
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Preity Zinta shared a sneak peek from her road trip with husband Gene Goodenough. She posted a loved-up snap of him carrying her in his arms.
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.