“Mahatma Gandhi remains the king of minimalism” says Rajesh Pratap Singh
And the fashion designer says he’d love to style Billie EilishUpdated: May 26, 2019 07:51 IST
- Date of birth: June 15
- Sun sign: Gemini
- Place of birth: Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan
- School/college: Central School and St Xavier’s School, Jaipur/ Shri Ram College of Commerce and National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- First break: Working with Martand Singh and David Abraham in 1989
- High point of your life: Ice climbing in Spiti Valley last winter
- Low point of your life: Getting hit by altitude sickness while trekking
If not a designer, what would you have been?
A farmer, an architect, a mountain goat. Not particularly in that order.
A personality you wish to dress up...?
American actress and composer Billie Eilish.
The king of minimalism, according to you:
Definitely Mahatma Gandhi.
Pick three wardrobe staples everyone should have, according to you.
A perfect white shirt, a bandhgala and a great pair of jeans.
Do you think the Indian fashion industry needs the #MeToo movement?
#MeToo is not an industry specific issue. It’s all pervasive.
What do you think about copy watchdogs like Diet Prada and Diet Sabya?
Why not…. They’re doing a great job!
One change you think the Indian fashion industry desperately needs...?
First, there should only be one fashion week, which should be about the industry and not about individuals. Everything else will follow.
An outfit in your wardrobe that you’ve never wanted to get rid of...?
My technical climbing gear.
Define your personal style.
What’s your idea of a perfect day?
When in the day I can make something new, and I can end the day by having dinner with my close friends and family.
- Most used app: WhatsApp
- First app you check in the morning: WhatsApp, to see updates from my climbing friends
- Most watched YouTube video: Ueli’s climb of Eiger North Face
- Least used app: Calendar and Notes. I’m just not that organised
- First song on your Spotify: My Way
Follow @DrishtiVij on Twitter
From HT Brunch, May 26, 2019
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch