Andhra govt, US firm announce challenge for startups, promise prizes worth $1 million
The Andhra Pradesh government in association with a US-based innovation platform for enterprises, founded by an Indian IT veteran, has announced a $1 million global challenge for startups to showcase their products and solutions in the fields of agriculture, emerging technology and Fintech.
As part of the challenge, roadshows are planned in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Paris, London, Hong Kong and Bangalore. The first roadshow was held in Chicago on Friday, a press release said on Monday.
The challenge, organised by Fintech Valley Vizag in collaboration with Bizofit, will culminate in Vizag with presentations by 25 selected finalists on October 25.
Fintech Valley Vizag is an initiative of the Andhra Pradesh government to promote business infrastructure and attract investors and multinational corporations to set up offices in the state.
Bizofit, founded by Indian IT veteran Bala Palamadai, is a crowdsourced innovation platform connecting enterprises with tech companies.
A first prize of $1,50,000 (Rs 1 crore) and $1,00,000 (Rs 70 lakh) as second prize would be given to the winners. The finalists in each category would get Rs 7 lakh each.
“The Andhra Pradesh government is committed to create a robust ecosystem of next-gen startups and a talent pool that corporates, investors and technology companies can leverage to navigate the emerging digital trends and enable co-innovation,” JA Chowdary, Special IT Advisor to the Andhra Chief Minister, said.
“Bizofit is pleased to have been chosen as the North America Challenge Partner of Andhra Pradesh in this exciting journey. We believe, this will position VIZAG as a ‘Virtual Innovation Zone Accelerating Growth’,” Bizofit founder and CEO Palamadai said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Despite decades of strong economic growth, the country’s spending on health care is barely 1% of GDP, way below Brics peer nations, resulting in serious supply-side deficits of facilities and professionals.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management has started talks with potential merchant bankers for the IPO, which is likely to be launched in the June quarter, said the people cited above.
- The Bengaluru-based firm plans to start production as early as in June. That’s audacious, given that the land—260 acres for the plant and 240 acres for two supplier parks—is still in excavation mode.
- The term sheet executed between the two parties in 2015, promised ZO Rooms’ shareholders 7% of Oyo.
- Bharat Forge Ltd and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd may also submit expressions of interest for the government’s stake in BEML, the people said on condition of anonymity.
- The survey captures the mood of the industry for the two quarters ending June 30, 2021.
- For checking EPF balance without UAN number, users will need to log into their account through the EPF homepage at epfindia.gov.in.