One dead, three injured after ammonia gas leak in Punjab
A cylinder exploded at an ice factory near Batala town which led to leakage of ammonia gas.Updated: Feb 02, 2018 01:05 IST
A labourer died and three others fell unconscious on Thursday evening after a cylinder explosion at an ice factory near Batala town led to leakage of ammonia gas, police said.
All four, including the owner of the unit, were taken to a civil hospital. A labourer identified as Gora was declared brought dead by doctors, they said.
The owner Gursharan Singh, his brother and another labourer are undergoing treatment at the hospital. Further investigations are underway, police added.