Protect your apps, now!
With everybody being a smartphone user these days, we are almost always glued to our phones on one app or the other - And when we are not, we are on the lookout for still more interesting apps. When many of these apps have our passwords saved, are we forgetting to do something that we should? A lot of us have a pin or pattern security lock to keep our phones safe, but with these numerous apps, are they?Updated: Dec 18, 2013 20:50 IST
With everybody being a smartphone user these days, we are almost always glued to our phones on one app or the other - And when we are not, we are on the lookout for still more interesting apps. When many of these apps have our passwords saved, are we forgetting to do something that we should? A lot of us have a pin or pattern security lock to keep our phones safe, but with these numerous apps, are they?
The more apps we download, more are the chances of our phone's data getting leaked. There could be unauthorised access to our SMSes, mails and contacts by strangers and we are not even aware about it. So, how can we save you from the app dilemma? Well, there are a few more apps for it.
All apps to further lock your apps are available at Google play store for download. Let's take a look at the features of some of these apps:
1) App Lock and Protect: With this app you can gain access to your protected apps by tapping on the fake crash dialog box a preset number of times and entering a secret PIN. You can control the level of protection you want. Protect apps via Fake crash only or PIN only or a combination of the two methods are free to download. It has a smooth interface with quick search functionality.
2)Bonus feature: AppLock features a built-in fast uninstaller for quickly uninstalling multiple apps. If you get the premium feature, you get stealth operation mode. AppLock Pro's launch icon can be hidden from the app drawer. You access the app by calling a secret number or via an innocent looking calculator widget! Launch the app by entering the pin and tapping on the calculator number display. Requires 2.0 android version and above.
3) Applock: The most downloaded app in the playstore, it locks SMSes, contacts, Gmail, Facebook, gallery, play store, settings, calls and any other app that you choose with abundant options that protect your privacy. It also empowers you to control photo and video access. Selected pictures vanish from your photo gallery and stay locked behind an easy-to-use pin pad. With AppLock, only you can see your hidden pictures. So, you don't have to worry if your little cousin plays games on your phone or your workmate takes a look at your gallery. It not only prevents apps from getting uninstalled, no one can uninstall Applock too. Requires
android version 2.2 and up.
4) Smart App Protector: Not only protects installed apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Whatsapp or any other app you choose, it also locks screen brightness and screen rotation. There is a set lock time feature that activates locks at a particular time. Apart from the pattern or pin, you can keep apps safe through a gesture mode too. Requires android version 2.2 and up.
5) Perfect app protector: Apart from all the basic features of protecting apps, this app acts as watchdog for your phone as well. After third failed password attempt, the built-in camera takes photo of the attacker. There is a Fake Popup which displays a fake error message when locked app is launched. This app does not support HTC Wildfire. Requires android version 2.2 and up.
6) Fast App Lock: Easy to use, this app provides two different lock modes (traditional number unlock and pattern unlock) from which users can choose what they want. There is a widget switch as well and you can quickly select the app
locks on/off by the widget on the desktop. So, with a single touch, you can lock apps. If you enter the wrong password thrice, you cannot re-enter it before three minutes. It requires android version 1.6 and up.
With so many options to chose from, you definitely don't have to worry about theft of personal information anymore.
First Published: Dec 18, 2013 20:37 IST