Noida: 6-year-old loses his hands after coming in contact with live wire in Jewar
Victim’s family has alleged that there was an 11,000 volt power line running very close to the hospital’s roof and their six-year-old son was standing on the terrace where he came in contact with the live wire
A six-year-old boy suffered grievous injuries to his hands after he came in contact with a high-tension line running near the roof of a hospital, where he had arrived to visit a relative last week.
He was rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, where doctors had to amputate both his hands to save his life, said police. The victim’s family on Tuesday lodged a police complaint against the hospital management and power department alleging negligence.
The incident took place in Jewar’s Dastampur area on June 25 when the boy, along with his family, had come to visit a relative admitted to a hospital there.
Victim’s family has alleged that there was an 11,000 volt power line running very close to the hospital’s roof and their six-year-old son was standing on the terrace where he came in contact with the live wire.
Yogesh Chauhan, the boy’s father, said, “I have lodged a complaint with the Jewar police as the accident was the result of negligence on the part of the power department and hospital authorities. My son has lost both his hands and his condition continues to be critical.”
The family further said the accident could have been prevented had appropriate safety measures been taken by the power department and the hospital.
Manoj Singh, station house officer, Jewar, said, “Based on the family’s complaint, an FIR has been registered against the hospital and the power department under Section 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code. Further investigation in the case is under way.”