SP seeks Shivpal’s disqualification from UP assembly
The Samajwadi Party (SP) has sought cancellation of the assembly membership of party president Akhilesh Yadav’s estranged uncle Shivpal Yadav, who was elected to the House on the SP ticket from Jaswantnagar in 2017 but now heads the Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party-Lohia (PSPL).
The legislative assembly secretariat issued a bulletin in this regard, quoting the leader of Opposition and SP leader Ramgobind Chaudhary having moved a petition seeking Shivpal’s cancellation of membership on the basis of ‘disqualification on ground of defection rules, 1987’.
Shivpal Yadav had quit the Samajwadi Party last year. In August 2018, he first formed the Samajwadi Secular Morcha (SSM) and then registered a political party--Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party-Lohia (PSP-L) — two months afterwards. His party contested the Lok Sabha polls across the state. Shivpal himself contested the Firozabad seat against the party’s sitting MP Akshaya Yadav (the son of SP general secretary Ramgopal Yadav). Akshaya lost the elections to the BJP and Shivpal was said to be a factor in the loss.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team
- The court observed that there was a possibility that the mother could be convicted and the adverse impact of the event, if it were to come to pass, would far outweigh the transitory benefit the minor would derive from her mother's care and company.
- The new BJP office in Varanasi was built in about two year’s time at an estimated cost of around ₹6 crore, said a party leader.
- In a tweet, Akhilesh said that shifting of the lions was an attempt to kill the tourism industry in Etawah.
- Neeraj Kundan also lauded NSUI for winning two important posts in the recently held student union’s election at Kashi Vidyapeeth.