Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 24, 2018-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Delhi man in hospital after plastic pricks throat while eating burger at popular joint

One Rakesh Kumar bought a cheese veggie burger from a popular US fast food chain at Rajiv Chowk metro station. But as he was having it, he felt nauseous. He was taken to hospital where doctors found a piece of plastic in his pharynx.

delhi Updated: May 15, 2018 20:29 IST
Press Trust of India, New Delhi
Plastic in burger,cheese veggie burger,popular US fast food chain
Police registered a case and arrested the shift manager of the burger outlet.(Photo for representation)

A man was hospitalised with a throat injury caused by a piece of plastic in a burger he ate at an outlet of a popular US fast-food chain at Rajiv Chowk metro station in central Delhi.

Rakesh Kumar bought a cheese veggie burger from the outlet on Sunday. But as he was relishing it, he felt something rigid in the mouth. After some time, he started feeling nauseous, Kumar said in his complaint to the police.

He informed the shift manager and subsequently, the police. Kumar was taken to the Lady Hardinge Hospital for a medical examination, police said. A piece of plastic was found in the burger that caused an injury to his pharynx. Kumar was later discharged.

Police registered a case and arrested the shift manager of the outlet. He was later granted bail.

First Published: May 15, 2018 20:29 IST