Four sanitation workers die after inhaling ‘toxic gases’ in south Delhi
Five men were cleaning a septic tank near Ghitorni in south Delhi and are suspected to have inhaled toxic gases. They were rushed to hospital where four of them died.delhi Updated: Jul 15, 2017 15:36 IST
Four men died after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning a septic tank in south Delhi on Saturday morning.
The incident was reported at around 10.43am, when police control room received information that the five men cleaning the tank had not come out for a long time.
The men had gone down to clean a tank at 100 feet road in Ghitorni. They were pulled out in an unconscious state by fire department personnel after an hour-long operation.
Police said that five men were rushed to Fortis, AIIMS Trauma Centre and Safdarjung hospital. The four who died were identified as Swarn Singh,45, Deepu,28, Anil,23, Balvinder,32.
One of the men, Jaspal, who survived the incident is receiving treatment at a city hospital. Police said are all residents of Ambedkar Colony in Chattarpur Pahari in Mehrauli.
Details of the incident are awaited.
First Published: Jul 15, 2017 15:26 IST