Prime Minister Modi greets BJP ally Akali Dal on its 99th foundation day
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday extended greetings to the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on its 99th foundation day, saying the party has always been at the forefront of serving society.
One of the oldest constituents of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance, the SAD, was founded in 1920.
“Today, on the 99th sthapana diwas (foundation day) of Akali Dal my greetings and best wishes to all their leaders and karyakartas (workers). One of India’s oldest parties, the Akali Dal has always been at the forefront of serving society and raising issues of public welfare,” Modi tweeted.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Heavy security has been deployed near the Red Fort where a group of protestors climbed to the ramparts of the fort and unfurled flags yesterday.
- Metro services were shut all across central, north and west Delhi yesterday after the farmers’ protest in the national capital turned violent
- A street hawker, Muhammed Nadeem, travels to most parts of Delhi-NCR.
- One of the police personnel who has a head injury is “critical” and is admitted to the intensive care unit.
- The farmers were not supposed to be at Red Fort at all. The monument did not fall along the pre-decided routes the three rallies were to take.
- Following the violence at Central Delhi’s ITO, East Delhi and several other parts, Delhi’s borders in East Delhi as well as the DND was briefly blocked.