CWG: Sheila puts colleagues in charge of selected areas
With eight days to go for the Commonwealth Games, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today made all her cabinet colleagues in-charge of select areas of the capital, directing them to oversee infrastructure preparedness and ensure corrective measures are taken wherever required.
With the Delhi government coming under scathing criticism for its preparedness, Dikshit held a cabinet meeting today and asked her ministers to be on their toes.
She entrusted all her ministers to take charge of particular areas of the national capital and asked them to regularly visit those areas to check whether the infrastructure was up to the mark.
She directed them to ensure corrective measures are taken wherever things are found lagging. She also told her ministers that they should work very hard to ensure that the city puts up a very successful event.
"All the cabinet ministers have been asked by the CM to oversee the newly-built infrastructure, specifically the roads and asked them to ensure that they are in proper shape," a minister who attended the cabinet meeting said.
The meeting comes at a time when questions are being raised over Delhi's readiness to host the international event and the Delhi government has come under criticism over the delay in completing several infrastructure projects.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.
- Considering the possibility of quitting this occupation, he observes that “one of the good things of being an auto driver is that all your income is made in hard cash.
- The last, which has a weight of almost one-third in the rankings, is a completely subjective parameter.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- It also asked the Centre why it was donating or selling Covid-19 vaccines to foreign countries at a time when the drive to inoculate Indian citizens was not optimised.