Dr Cupids write V-Day prescription
Valentines Day, for years showcased by the markets as the Day of “couples only” Love, has now found an unexpected brand ambassador: doctors.
Noted doctors in the Capital have chosen Cupid’s Day, falling on Thursday, for spreading the message of safe sex and responsible love to the young and the restless.
Leading the charge is the Delhi Medical Association (DMA), which will be sending out relevant messages warning against the use of aphrodisiacs on the day of love. “This is part of our responsibility to warn people about the health implications of irresponsible behaviour during celebrations,” said Dr K.K. Aggarwal, senior officer and former DMA president, who has already sent 5,000 SMSes, warning against the misuse of Viagra-like drugs. “Love is like what they showed in the movie Cheeni Kum; it can be enjoyed even at the age of 65 years, but not at the cost of health,” he said.
That date-rape drugs can be disguised as juice at parties, or that unsafe sex can lead to HIV and that care for the partner is the true meaning of Valentine’s Day, will find ample mention in the messages.
On the other hand, noted psychologist Dr Samir Parikh of Max Healthcare, will hold a seminar on V-Day on “The psychology of love and why some relationships don’t work”.
“We will talk about everything. And Valentine’s Day was chosen as the best occasion for the topic,” Dr Parikh said.
“We see that these days lovers — young and old alike — have been misguided into believing that love is about glamour. We want to tell them that it is not,” he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.
- Considering the possibility of quitting this occupation, he observes that “one of the good things of being an auto driver is that all your income is made in hard cash.
- The last, which has a weight of almost one-third in the rankings, is a completely subjective parameter.