Govt likely to announce names of J&K interlocutors on Thursday
The government is likely to announce the names of interlocutors to begin the process of dialogue with all sections of people in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday and the chairman of the group will enjoy the rank of a Union Cabinet Minister.
Official sources said the Cabinet Committee on Security will finalise the names of the group of three to four interlocutors and the chairman is expected to be a political person.
The interlocutors, after their appointment, will immediately initiate the process of dialogue with political parties, groups, youth and student organisations, civil society organisations and other stakeholders, including the separatists.
The interlocutors will be appointed as part of the Centre's eight-point Kashmir peace initiative announced on Saturday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CPCB report released on Sunday said that there are over 112 sites in India that are contaminated by toxic and hazardous substances.
- An infection is said to be endemic in a population when it is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area.
- The BJP dismissed the allegations as “baseless” and hit back, saying that the AAP should answer why the construction of the Signature bridge in north-east Delhi faced delays.
- Appropriate allocation of funds in this regard will be made in the upcoming Delhi budget that is likely to be presented this week, he added .
- In February that year, just before Holi, he went back to the Sadar Bazar trader with the water gun he had produced and also the Chinese one.
- Experts said such initiatives will ensure that the only continuous green space in the national capital is preserved.
- A host of functions to honour women have also been scheduled at different police stations and DCP offices.
- Adesh Gupta has also started ‘mandal pravas’ (stay in each municipal wards) to connect with the party workers and supporters.
- As part of the revamp, new CCTV cameras, with better technology for improved clarity, additional escalators, bird spikes to prevent tripping of the overhead electrification (OHE) due to bird menace, were also installed.